Sorry! Your operating system is not supported by Carnegie Learning software. Please review the System Requirements page to see what operating systems are supported.
Sorry! Your browser is not supported by Carnegie Learning software and you will need to use a different browser to access the software. Please review the System Requirements page to see what browsers are supported.
eBook for Students and Families
This page contains helpful instructions on getting started with the eBook, as well as an introduction to some of the key tools that you'll be using day to day.
- Setting Your Password and Signing In
- Launch the eBook as a Student: Web Version
- Key Features of the Student eBook
- eBook Statistics
- Helpful Tips
This video will walk you through the required steps to set your password and sign in to your MyCL account for the first time.
- Visit www.carnegielearning.com/login.
- Click Set Your Password.
- Enter your school name.
- Enter your username (given to you by your teacher).
- Click Next.
- You will be prompted to enter and confirm a password of your choice, and then click Set Password.
- You will be returned to the Sign In page to sign in to your MyCL account.
- Visit www.carnegielearning.com/login.
- Enter your username.
- Enter your password.
- Click Sign In.
- You will be prompted to enter your school name.
- Click Sign In.
- From the MyCL portal click the Launch eBook button that has your class name listed above it.
8. You will automatically be taken to the cover page of the selected eBook the very first time that you sign in. The next time that you sign in, you will be taken to the most recent page that you worked on.
Bookshelf and Statistics Access: The arrow button will take you to the bookshelf where you can access eBooks and look at your usage data.
Table of Contents and Bookmarks Access: Opens the Table of Contents that you can use to quickly navigate to any lesson in the eBook.
Saved Notes & Highlights: Lists notes and highlights – both yours and those shared with you!
Preview: Saved Notes
Preview: Saved Highlights
Highlighting Tools: The highlighter allows you to add, view, edit or remove highlights and notes at any location in the eBook.
- Highlighting on the web: Click on a word and then drag the green bars to highlight the desired text. Click the white square to take a note.
- Highlighting on a tablet: Press and hold a word or press and drag to highlight the desired text. Click the white square to take a note.
Drawing Tools: Use the drawing tools to sketch answers, plot points, and to draw on the page while working.
Preview: Drawing Tool icon the header at the top of the screen.
Preview: Drawing Tools that allow you to select a color, increase or decrease the drawing tool size, and erase.
Submitting Work to Your Teacher: Upload your answers to the cloud in order to submit your work to your instructor.
Preview: Cloud (upload your work) icon in the header at the top of the screen.
Preview: Warning message that cautions you against submitting answers to your teacher before you've completed them.
Search: Search for and find content in the eBook.
Preview: Search field in the header at the top of the screen.
Preview: Search results include page number(s) and also allow you to click on the result to navigate and view that page.
Preview: Protractor icon in the header at the top of the screen.
Step 1: Once the Protractor icon is selected, the message below will display instructing you to switch to the single page view. Select the OK button.
Step 2. At the bottom of the screen, select the rectangle icon that represents the single page view.
Step 3. Once in the single page view, you must select the protractor icon in the header at the top of the screen.
Step 4. Click the protractor icon once again for the tool to display.
Step 5. Use the tool as instructed in the question.
Step 6. Select the checkmark button to save your answer.
Text-to-Speech icons are provided throughout the eBook. To help with reading efforts, click the icon for the text to be read out loud.
Adding Bookmarks: Bookmark pages for future reference.
The default name of the bookmark is the module name and the page number. You also have the option to change the name of the bookmark.
The color of the bookmark changes from gray to blue once the bookmark is saved.
Bookmarks can be found in the Contents menu.
Thumbnail: Use Thumbnail view to browse the book using large thumbnails that help you easily identify and navigate to desired page.
You can monitor your own progress and compare your statistics against the class average. Statistics for Coverage and Time Spent is available for the entire eBook.
Preview: Student statistics page.
- You can only be signed in to one device at a time when using the eBook. You'll receive the message below in the event that your username and password are being used in two different locations.
2. Don't forget to click the Upload Cloud button! Clicking this button submits your work to your instructor for review.
Customer Support is available to answer your questions about using the software.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 877.401.CLCS (2527) or 888.851.7094 (Select Option 1)
- Chat: Visit www.carnegielearning.com/contact and click Customer and Tech Support to connect with us via chat.
Carnegie Learning Sign In (www.carnegielearning.com/login)
Tech Support is available by clicking Tech Support in the upper right hand corner.
Carnegie Learning's MyCL portal
Once logged in, Tech Support is still available by clicking the Tech Support button in the upper right hand corner.
Last updated: 08/20/18